Rob Dodsworth Photography
FOR THE LITTLE MOMENTS
What do you want your wedding day to be all about?
Large or small, I vote for excitement, laughs so loud and hard they make you cry from joy and a day that feels like unwrapping a gift.
You’ve probably trawled 101 wedding photographer sites and Instagram feeds so, I’m guessing, wedding photography is important to you. Fantastic, it’s important to me too.
“…before looking I was nervous incase there weren’t any I loved but looking through the entire reel I was beaming. You captured the day so perfectly and the pictures are really beautifully taken and edited. I am absolutely thrilled…”Natalie + James
Short on time?
- Fun, vibrant wedding photography in Norfolk for people who like each other LOTS! Capturing the smiles, laughter, beauty and emotion as they happen.
- 200+ weddings photographed, award winning, enthusiastic and committed to telling the real story of your day!
- You’re looking for minimal intrusion and fuss. A few group shots, perhaps, but not standing around for hours when 15-20 minutes will do.
- You’re all about having one big party, celebrating your love for each other, with the people that matter most – fun, joy, good food, good drink, bad dancing and making memories to last a lifetime.
Does that sound like you? Are you as excited about your wedding day as I am about being a part of it?
Tell me more!
“…one of the most personable photographers I know … His eye for spotting moments in time amazes me every time, those little glances, minute facial expressions that say a thousand words! My clients are never disappointed and not only do they get amazing photographs but they always comment on what a joy Rob is to have at the wedding…”Emily Andrew (Wedding Planner)
A moment junkie
I live for the little moments.
I’m a moment junkie, a seeker of small happenings, of love and connection.
I want every photo to hold the vibrancy of the moment.
I want you to hold your photos and feel every detail of your day like it was happening all over again.
I want your photos to make you smile so much your cheeks hurt!
The ones you love
What is the purpose of photography?
For me, it’s about the buzz I get capturing the little moments between you and your friends and family.
For you, maybe it’s preserving the memory of your most important relationships.
I’m making pictures for you but also your mum and dad, sisters, brothers, children and grandchildren.
Our lives find meaning in the love we share with each other. My goal is to show that to you on this most special of days.
There are two things left over after your wedding day: your memories and your photos. One lives in you, the other can live for generations.
Let’s print your pictures, make them something tangible, to help you and your family relive your wedding day for years to come.
“Rob’s style feels exceptionally authentic and as if he simply blended in to the day. A perfect choice if you don’t want overly posed images”Phoebe (Editor – So You’re Getting Married)
You’ll like working with me if…
- You are looking for a style and approach that is fun and relaxed, creatively capturing photos that tell your real story.
- You want authenticity. You’re looking for a moment seeker. You don’t want to be told what to do, how to act, or pose but you might like a little direction, here and there.
- You love the power of photography to freeze a moment in time. You want pictures, of your cake (before I tuck in!), your flowers and those other little but important details. But it’s the quirky, in-between moments, the things you might have been a part of but didn’t get a chance to stop and to notice that you really want to see in your wedding album!
- You’re looking for a photographer who accepts all definitions of love between consenting adults. I strongly support LGBTQ+ weddings. Love is love!
- More than anything else you value having a good time. The details matter but you don’t care so much about formalities or having all the “things” – you just want to have an amazing time, celebrating your love for each other, with your favourite people.
- You’re looking for award winning photography. I’m a long-time member of the Wedding Photojournalists Association. An association that showcases the best documentary wedding photography in the world. I was the first wedding photographer in Norfolk to be approved for membership. Ranked number 1 for Norfolk Wedding Photography and amongst the best 10 wedding photographers in Essex, top 7 wedding photographers in Suffolk and top 10 Cambridgeshire Wedding Photographers.
- You serve fruitcake. I love fruitcake! Do you love fruitcake? Honestly, if my wife would allow me to accept payment in fruitcake, I would. Unfortunately she’s all like, “Rob, the electricity company sent back the last batch of fruitcakes and said they will only accept money! You need to ask your clients for money!” Only joking, I’d never give cake away!
We LOVE our wedding photos so much; they are just perfect and completely surpassed all expectations. We would definitely recommend Rob, in fact a good friend of ours has already booked him for her wedding next year.Kathryn & Orlando
Pre-wedding & engagement photography
Can’t wait until the wedding to get some photos of the two of you? I’ve got you covered.
We’ll grab some coffee, chat about your wedding plans and then go wherever takes your fancy.
Maybe where you first met or, got engaged.
Perhaps your favourite cafe or, simply, a walk along the coast together.
Whatever you choose, we’ll make images for you to treasure!
Getting away from it all?
I’m a Norfolk Wedding Photographer and my heart is firmly in Norfolk but I am partial to a destination wedding, every once in a while!
Going abroad for your wedding?
Wherever you need me, I’ll be there, camera poised and at the ready!
All the small things
2020 put smaller weddings firmly on the map!
If you’re planning a micro-wedding or elopement in Norfolk or further afield and if photography is important to you then…
…big or small, I’ll be there to make sure I capture all your joy and excitement, candidly, naturally.
Hot tips on local venues
I’ve been to (nearly) all the venues in town so, feel free to ask my thoughts on them.
Just starting out on the whole wedding planning thing? Keeping it local?
Take a look at some of these Norfolk Wedding Venues to get you started.
“We always cross our fingers that the Photographer will capture the look & vibe, but it doesn’t always happen ~ Rob did it so well!”The Keeper & the Dell (Norfolk Wedding Venue)
We’re in, let’s book!
2023 is filling up fast! As of July 2022 I have 3 weekend dates left available between June and August 2023.
The Summer months, especially Bank Holiday dates, often go first.
There is some late availability for Autumn 2022.
So, please contact me to talk about availability, and of course, ask me any questions you might have.
Most people tend to keep their questions related to wedding photography. Though I maintain, questions about life, the universe, and everything are sometimes worth pondering with new clients and also, what kind of wedding cake you should have (I like fruit cake – just saying).
No two couples or wedding day is ever the same.
My approach to your wedding photography is just as unique as you are.
Each portrait session, proposal, wedding, elopement, and destination wedding is tailored specifically for you.
Additional services include wedding weekends, second photographers, albums, and more.
A full-day wedding begins at 2,250. Half-Day and micro-wedding options are also available.
Please contact me for a full quotation and to check my availability for your date.
So, if you’re as excited about your wedding photography as I am about capturing your day.
If your wedding day is all about fun, about the joy and excitement of celebrating with your family and friends.
If the details matter but it’s not about checklists or, perfection wrapped up in a big white bow but about the two of you, and having a great time with everyone you love, then we’ll get along!
Let’s capture your wedding story
“You caught us in a very us way”Dominique & Terry
This is precisely my aim- capturing you, being you, together, on one of the happiest days of your life.
This is candid wedding photography for fun-loving couples, who wear their hearts on their sleeves!
This is wedding photography for couples who want to relax and enjoy their wedding day.
I won’t ask you to do cheesy poses. I will be there to capture your day – the smiles, laughter, beauty and emotion – as it happened.
Sound good? Let’s talk!
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How many images will we get?
This depends on a few things – how long your day is, how many guests you have and how hard you hit the dance floor but usually between 450-500 images, each one individually edited by yours truly and available for you to print to your heart’s content.
2. Can we get an album?
Absolutely, I’d recommend it. Better than a USB gathering dust in a drawer somewhere. Feel free to get in touch and I can talk you through the options. If you’d prefer to make your own book then I offer a digital-only option.
3. Do you work with someone else?
A second photographer is available if you need it but in most situations, it’s not really necessary. I have photographed weddings, by myself, with 200 guests present. I’ll happily advise you if it’s something you really need.
4. Can we meet you before we book?
Yes, absolutely. I’m based in Norwich. A lot of my bookings come from outside of Norfolk and so, in that case, it’s often easier to Zoom but if you are based in Norwich, then it isn’t short of places to grab a coffee or, a cheeky Vimto! My weekend availability is limited and so, weekday meetings are the norm but get in touch and we’ll get something in the diary that works for you!
5. What is your style of wedding photography?
I try to be a fly on the wall but my hygiene is better! I don’t come with a fixed idea of what your wedding should be but instead, I work hard to create images that reflect your day. It’s about real moments between people, limited direction and letting you enjoy the day. Do you want to know more? Then this page all about my style of photography might be handy!
6. I feel awkward posing for the camera!
That’s normal. It’s nice to get some portraits on your wedding day but I’ll take my lead from you. I love working with couples who want to relax and enjoy their wedding day. Even when I take your portraits it’s often as simple as letting you enjoy a few, quiet, moments together, while I capture some discrete, candid images to help you remember it. My approach is as relaxed as you are, with just a little nod to formality. You might not want those group shots right now but guaranteed, your mum will and I aim to keep her happy too!
7. Will you travel for our wedding?
Absolutely, I’m a Norfolk Wedding Photographer but I regularly travel throughout the UK for weddings and have photographed weddings as far away as Portugal and Mallorca!